Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 5

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 5

Advantages of home birth?

Advantages of home birth?

I understand that it may be more relaxing for the mother if the birth occurs at home, but what are the real advantages of home birth?

Also, if something goes wrong or support is needed, surely being at a hospital is a much safer option?

This is something we're thinking of doing actually. As you mentioned, there are many things to take into consideration. You need a good midwife and a graet support group around you.

it basically comes down to what you're most comfortable with.

We just saw the documentary, The Business Of Being Born

It offers (though one sided) an insight to the problems with having babies in the hospital

We started to have a home birth with my second son. Unfortunately he became stuck (just like his big brother!) and the midwife could not help me. I was in second stage and pushing so hard I broke all the blood vessels in my face. They had to take me to hospital in an ambulance and pull him out. It was not very fun. I wouldn't do it again!

Oh Claire thanks for sharing the story. I already had my baby in the hospital but it's good to know that something can actually go wrong...

In today's time, with sophisticated hospitals and doctors around I would prefer the hospital only.