4-year old Served Alcohol at Chilis

Tyree Davis, the mother of a 4-year old claims her daughter was served an alcoholic beverage in a Chili’s restaurant in Chicago on Sunday. The child was taken to a nearby hospital, where she was diagnosed with alcohol poisoning.

This is the third recent incident of a minor being accidentally served alcohol at a popular restaurant chain. A Florida woman claimed her 2-year old child was served wine at the Olive Garden® and a 15-month old child in Detroit is said to have been given a margarita at Applebees.

Davis stated that her daughter took four sips of what she thought was a milkshake, before she started acting strangely. “She was closing her eyes for a minute at a time, and she was telling me that her stomach hurt and her head hurt, and she just wanted to lay down,” she said. “While we were at the hospital, they said that her chest was tight, they called respiratory; they came down and gave her a breathing treatment.” Davis told a Chicago-area news station.

It appears that the child was unintentionally served a mudslide, which was sitting next to the milkshake she ordered, and the server may have picked it up in error.

Chili’s has acknowledged the incident and an investigation is underway.

Related posts

Leave a Reply